Parents who can take any active part in our home-school partnership by volunteering become role models for other students as well as their own children. Whether you can be available for a few hours each week or only occasionally, there are many opportunities for you to share your time and talent in our activities.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
Archdiocesan policy requires that volunteers who may have any possible contact with children complete the following background checks and clearances:
Clearances for volunteers living in PA continuously for 10 years (must be renewed every 3 yrs.)
· Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
· Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
· Disclosure Statement Application for volunteers to be filed at place of service
Clearances for Volunteers living in PA for less than 10 years (must be renewed every 3 yrs.)
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance
Volunteers who have regular contact with children (at least one time per week) are also required to complete parts one and two of the Safe Environment training within 90 days of beginning their volunteer work.
- Part I: Protecting God’s Children (instructor-led), is offered regularly at sites throughout the Archdiocese. The training provides basic facts about child sexual abuse and adults’ roles in prevention. https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theOrgID=18461&theme=0
- Part II: The Mandatory Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse (online), is available online at our Training Institute in English and Spanish. This training provides an overview of Archdiocesan reporting procedures for suspected child abuse and Pennsylvania Child Welfare Laws. The training should take you approximately one hour to complete. https://learning.childyouthprotection.org/login/index.php
Additional information about background checks and clearances can be found online at www.childyouthprotection.org In applying for your clearances be sure to identify yourself as a ‘volunteer’ – there is no charge for volunteers.